Coconut water, is from “young coconuts.” It is a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. Consider it “nature’s Gatorade.” It’s the fluid of life, so to speak. In fact, during the Pacific War of 1941-45, both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water – siphoned directly from the nut – to give emergency plasma transfusions to wounded soldiers.
Most coconut water is still consumed fresh in tropical coastal areas – once exposed to air, the liquid rapidly loses most of its organoleptic (sensory properties) and nutritional characteristics, and begins to ferment.
- Coconut water is more nutritious than whole milk – Less fat and NO cholesterol.
- Coconut water is better than processed baby milk – it contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother’s milk.
- Coconut water is naturally sterile – Water permeates through the filtering husk.
- Coconut water is a universal donor – It’s identical to human blood plasma.
- Coconut water is a natural isotonic beverage – the same level we have in our blood.
- Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world countries thru Coconut IV.
Coconut water is the very stuff of nature, biologically pure, full of natural sugars, salts, vitamins and minerals to ward off fatigue. Coconut water contains more potassium (at about 294 mg) than most sports drinks (117 mg) and most energy drinks. It is alkalizing to the body.
Coconut water is served in the evenings at Sanoviv‘s tea bar.
Sue Ward, CNC