This recipe is gluten free and oh-so-tasty!
- 2 cups almonds, soaked overnight (approximately 12 hours), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 2 organic apples, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic, non-alcoholic vanilla (optional – this is not a raw food)
- 1/2 cup chopped dates, more or less as desired (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins, more or less as desired (optional)
Chop almonds in a food processor until chunky. Pour into a large bowl. Place pumpkin and sunflower seeds in processor and process until chunky and add to almonds. Place the apples, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and vanilla (optional) into the processor and process until well chopped and mixed. Add to the bowl and combine well. Add dates as desired. Spread the mixture onto a non-teflon baking pan and dehydrate at 200 degrees for 3 hours and then at 150 degrees or 10 hours or until crispy. Cool to room temperature. Add raisins as desired and store in a sealed glass container – it should last for up to three months.
Serve in a bowl with nut milk, eat dry as a snack, use as a fruit topping, or use your imagination! Sanoviv granola is great for travelers – so much better for your body than pretzels, peanuts, or processed foods. Enjoy.