Coconut oil is of special interest because it possesses healing properties far beyond that of any other dietary oil and is extensively used in traditional medicine among Asian and Pacific populations. Pacific Islanders consider the following to be true:
- Attacks viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.
- Attacks bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
- Attacks fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
- The Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA) in Coconut Oil (please use organic only) have been found to be effective in killing lipid-coated viruses, such as Hepatitis C, HIV, Herpes, Stomatitis and cytomegalovirus. MCFA also kill lipid-coated bacteria as well as some fungi and parasites including Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Staphylococcus aureus, Helicobacter pylori, Candida albicans, and giardia.
- Coconut oil is also fabulous for your skin and scalp.
To include coconut oil in your daily life:
USE ONLY Organic, unrefined coconut oil. Refined, hyrdrogenated and over-processed coconut oil is not the same and can be very damaging to your health. Keep coconut oil in cool, dark storage – do not keep in a cabinet next to your stove.
- Use coconut oil in your shakes (2-3 teaspoons)
- Cook with coconut oil
- Coconut oil is great in salad dressing
- Great source of protein for vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores!
Brought to you by Sanoviv Medical Center – Health and Healing with Heart. Contact us today to learn how we can help you reach your optimal health. Join our supportive, 10,000+ strong community on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sanoviv
A great source for Extra Virgin hand processed Coconut Oil and “Free” Coconut Oil recipes is http://www.tropicaltraditions.com
Yumm, I love sweet potato and have been looking for a good gluten free recipe! Thank you: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/index.cfm/2011/5/20/sweet-potato-vanilla-patty-cakes
Hi, great stuff! Thanks for a great post on Coconut Oil and its benefits. I made a short list to inform people quickly. Maybe you and your readers will like it and rate it:
Best 5 Facts about Coconut Oil You Should Know
Here is a list of my favorite ways to use coconut oil for cooking in place of other oils…
1. Pancakes – blended in the mix, melted in the pan for cooking, and of course to make Coconut Syrup for the top.
2. Brownies – Everyone loves brownies. Coconut oil makes them healthier.
3. Fudge recipes – any version will benefit from this healthy oil. It makes the fudge lighter and easier to digest.
4. Smoothies – are just creamier, tastier and healthier with a tbsp of coconut oil in them.
5. Pizza crust – Pizza is always a great idea and coconut oil in the dough makes it crunchier and more flavorful.
Coconut oil is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of matured coconuts harvested from the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). Throughout the tropical world, it has provided the primary source of fat in the diets of millions of people for generations. It has various applications in food, medicine, and industry. Because of its stability, it is slow to oxidize and, thus, resistant to rancidity, lasting up to two years owing to the high saturated fat content.
Oh this looks good! This will be my next new use of yummy coconut oil!
Curried Chicken –