Alternative Lung Cancer Treatment
Lung Cancer is a multi-faceted disease, and there are many effective types of lung cancer treatment. Conventional approaches suchas chemotherapy and radiation cannot be used continually because of their high toxicity. The side effects of these treatments, such as immune suppression and secondary malnutrition, may worsen the prognosis as cancer cells canthen grow rapidly. You need to experience the abundant field of alternative, holistic and integrative lung cancer treatment options at Sanoviv.
The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries have failed to produce more than a handful of useful therapies for lung cancer, however, many people still assume that the only options for treating cancer are the mainstream therapies of surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
Our approach is unique as it combines different alternative, holistic and integrative therapies that are usually not considered by conventional doctors for lung cancer.
Here is an overview of some of the most effective lung cancer treatments we have found. Our objective is to support your own defenses, kill cancer cells, detoxify your body and improve your overall well being.
- One effective lung cancer treatment is to starve cancer cells of foods that will promote their multiplication. At Sanoviv we serve 100% organic food to ensure you are not adding to your body’s toxic load. Based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, we believe in using the energy in food to promote health and to help your body heal. Part of our program includes learning healthy eating habits and recognizing unhealthy eating and cooking patterns. This program is provided by professional certified Nutritionists, and complimented by individual metabolic typing to ensure your recommended diet is what will best support your overall health.
- Immunotherapy is based on biological immune system modifiers/stimulators, medications and biological vaccine treatments. It provides an integrative treatment to modify, modulate and stimulate your body’s regular immune system function and mechanisms, so that it can recognize and eliminate cancer cells.
- The detoxification pathways of the human body are a network of enzymes and enzyme systems; they help protect cells from reactive oxygen species such as free radicals. Enzymes work to detoxify a wide range of cancer-causing chemicals which may have implications in the reduction of cancer rates. Part of lung cancer is toxicity, therefore eliminating the exposure to toxins and encouraging the detoxification systems of the body to be at their best is a potent strategy for healing. Also, clinical trials in the use of enzyme therapy have shown that enzyme combinations can mitigate side effects from chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy, contributing to improvement in the patient’s quality of life.
- Tumor hypoxia or lack of oxygen in tumor cells has proven to be a factor for poor prognosis in a cancer patient. Cancer cells cannot survive in an oxygenated environment. Oxygen therapy is an alternative or holistic cancer treatment used to help fight cancer cells and reduce side effects from conventional cancer treatments. Many researchers think lack of oxygen in our cells is one of the primary causes of cancer. An impressive variety of new ways to introduce oxygen into the body is emerging. Flooding cells with oxygen may retard the growth of cancer cells or even help to return them to normal and maintain healthy cells at their normal functioning level. There are no side effects to oxygen therapy except for better health!
- Holistic and alternative cancer treatment has relied on nutrition and supplementation to aid in healing cancer for years. At Sanoviv, nutraceutical supplementation provides essential minerals, vitamins and antioxidants to improve nutritional deficiencies, fight free radicals, promote detoxification and support a effective biochemical balance in your body.
- Modern Homeopathy known as Homotoxicology offers a holistic cancer treatment to aid in the fight against lung cancer, as progressive deterioration of the body’s own cleansing system leads to gradual compromise of the defensive mechanisms. Reversing this process will have great value in the fight against cancer cells, helping the body recapture its lost biological ability to compete against the invasive cells.
- Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive, positive mind and spirit will help the lung cancer patient’s fight against cancer. A constant pattern of anger, resentment and bitterness can put the body into a stressful environment. At Sanoviv, you will learn from our integrative health care team how to promote a loving and forgiving mind, body and spirit, creating a positive physiological impact to your body through psychospiritual support.
- Exercise is also very important to aid blood circulation and oxygenation. Exercise programs are tailored to suit the individual’s needs and abilities. Practices such as Yoga are very beneficial, as it has demonstrated mental and physical benefits for cancer patients in several medical studies.
We know that your stay at Sanoviv is only the beginning of your healing process. At the end of your stay, in order to support you on your way to recovery, you will receive an individualized lung cancer treatment home program designed to be incorporated as part of your daily lifestyle. We will continue to support your progress with our After Care program that will effortlessly coordinate any questions or comments you might have for your health team.
Researchers have proven that there are certain genes that can promote the growth of cancer known as oncogenes, and certain genes that can inhibit the growth of cancer known as tumor suppressor genes, and that their activity can be turned “on” or “off” by various physiologic factors which are of vital importance, because the behavior of these genes (oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes) is deeply connected to interrelationship between the external environment and the body’s inner environment. While it has been proven that inheritance is not the primary cause of cancer, a small percentage of cases may involve some inherited factors.
Cancer rates have been rising alarmingly in the last century, particularly during the last three decades, when cancer has become the second leading cause of death, behind cardiovascular disease. Some experts estimate that at this rate, cancer deaths will exceed those from cardiovascular disease in just a few years.
Epidemiological studies have shown that up to 70 to 90% of all cancers are caused by environmental factors, lifestyle factors, dietary habits and chronic stress.
In Lung cancer, the leading cause is smoking. The risk increases with the length of time and number of cigarettes smoked. This affects not only smokers but also people exposed to second hand smoke.
There are many other carcinogens that can cause Lung Cancer like diets high in saturated fat and animal fat, alcohol consumption, important exposure to asbestos, radon gas, certain viruses and particulate matter in the environment, among others.
At Sanoviv, our mission is to educate our patients about the connection between cancer and lifestyle factors; it is the main technique with which we approach a patient’s life and cancer. We don’t limit our medical attention and treatments to just surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
Through the years we have learned the importance of healthy living and eating, yet nowadays something as basic and essential as this has become quite difficult for many people, either due to lack of time, knowledge or consciousness. We will focus on assessing your lifestyle to determine if your diet, exercise and rest patterns are the most beneficial for you.
Healthy changes in lifestyle and diet can reduce the mortality and morbidity for a good portion of cancers, as a healthy body can normally defend itself against the development of cancer because it knows how to deal with these occurrences.
Virtually everyone who has cancer has some kind of body energy blockage that needs to be fixed. Our Bioenergetics Department will assess how this can be affecting your health and determine what steps need to be taken to restore the health of your energy fields.
Our integrated team of health professionals will thoroughly assess where these imbalances originate in order to find the root causes that are contributing to this Cancer. This is usually a multifaceted problem that no one health professional can fully grasp or treat. The team that you will be working with is led by your Medical Doctor and includes: Dentist, Psychologist, Chiropractor, Nutritionist and Fitness Expert.
Not only do we have state of the art diagnostic and assessment tools, we have a fully integrated team of health professionals who will study all of this information and connect the dots to reveal why your biochemical, physiological, structural and psychospiritual individuality has developed Cancer, but also how you can regain your health. Like Cancer, disease usually comes from multiple imbalances in a person’s life. Here at Sanoviv, you will be working closely with your team of health professionals who will work with the entire staff of health care professionals to design a program specifically for you from all the information obtained.
In your Health team:
- Your Medical doctor will facilitate your medical treatment and coordinate all other treatments into your program.
- Your Psychologist will help to determine any emotional factors that might contribute to the development of Cancer and support your healing through relaxation, healing imagery and emotional expression.
- Your Dentist will assess and treat any issues that could exacerbate the inflammatory process like gingivitis, cavitations, abscesses and heavy metal toxicity.
- Your Nutritionist will assess your diet and give you information on the role food will play in your healing
- Your Chiropractor will assess and treat any structural imbalances that might be contributing to your health issues.
- Your Fitness Expert will help you strengthen and exercise your body in a holistic way to support detoxification, greater energy and overall health.
At Sanoviv, we understand that a diagnosis of Lung cancer (the most common cause of cancer death amongst women and men) can strike fear in the heart of patients, their loved ones and friends. The “C” word is so emotionally charged, that many people, upon hearing cancer as a diagnosis, feel as though their life is over. We understand these feelings and concerns, and we are here to tell you that this does not have to be the case.
What makes Sanoviv different?
Sanoviv can assist you in understanding cancer from a different perspective, one of hope, care and respect, a perspective that includes options that actually make sense, and one that includes you as a full partner in your healing.
Despite the fact that cancer is a serious disease, it can be outsmarted. Our options for dealing with cancer are many and varied. Our approach is an integrative one combining the best of conventional and alternative medicine.
Our focus is to boost your recuperative powers with nutrition and supplementation, reversing the underlying cause of the disease, sometimes even converting cancer to normal tissue by changing the cell’s respiration and reducing the tumor burden without harming the patient.
- What are the most common cancers that you treat?
Since we focus on the underlying causes and imbalances that create cancer in someone’s body, we can treat various types of cancer. The most common ones that we treat are breast, colon, prostate and lung cancer.
- I do not want any allopathic medication. I want an all natural approach. Can you accommodate this?
That is our first goal with every guest. From our point of view, the more natural and less invasive/toxic the approach, the better.
- Do you use chemotherapy or radiation along with more natural treatments?
Yes. Sometimes we recommend combining the useful aspects of these with our more alternative approach when it will serve your health goals. Only when there is no other more natural approach do we recommend this. Ultimately, using these tools will be decided by you with the support of your health team. Our approach will support the optima functioning of your own defenses, so even when exposed to these treatments, you will be able to deal with them with less side effects.
- What is the focus of your treatment plan?
Medical treatment is targeted against the cancer, to support and strengthen your immune system and to not interfere with the healthy functioning of the rest of your body. Other disciplines like Dental, Nutrition, Psychology, Chiropractic and Fitness come into play to ensure that we achieve these goals and bring balance back into your life.
- What is your success rate for treatment of Cancer?
We do not have these records at this time. Our difficulty is that we have a very varied population with different types of cancer, stages and recommended courses of treatment. This creates a huge difficulty to have a baseline group. What we have found with our approach is that the earlier the stage the better prognosis and very rarely needing invasive treatments. This is focused on prevention of metastasis or other primary cancers. We focus on the underlying causes and what made you more susceptible to cancer.
- I have just finished my traditional Cancer treatment. Is there anything else you can offer me?
You might not be feeling optimal even though you have finished your traditional cancer treatment. We can offer to assess what underlying causes can be affecting this and support your optimal recovery from the harmful side effects of these conventional therapies. We can support your immune system, assess that biochemically you are in optimal conditions. We can support your ability to have a successful recovery by strengthening your immune system and overall healthy function of your mind, body and spirit. We are very successful at recovery and detoxification from chemotherapy.
- How long do I have to stay?
For optimal results we recommend 4 weeks. This is the amount of time needed to complete our core assessment and treatment protocol.
- Why do I have to see a psychologist?
Most people have an immediate impact when they hear the word Cancer in regards to their health state. This can be manifested as fear, grief, sadness, anger or all of the above. Our team approach ensures, through our Psychology and Spirituality Department, that stress, unhealthy thoughts and feelings are not another contributing factor to the biochemical changes that contribute to your health issues. The field of Psychoneuroimmunoendocrinology (PNIE) studies the relationship that our thought and feelings have with the major communication centers of our body (nervous, immune and endocrine systems). If our thoughts, beliefs and emotions are not balanced, this can affect how our body communicates with itself and create health challenges.
- What do you mean when you say you practice “Functional Medicine”?
Functional medicine is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms.
- What is the importance of the integrative team approach?
The importance of this approach is that you are assessed and treated as a whole human being. Many of the health issues that we faced today are multi-faceted; there is no one definitive cause and no one cure. When a whole team of health professionals come together and make sense of the information, it is easier to see what are the underlying factors that weave together to create your unique symptoms. Once we have this clarity, dealing with it effectively is much easier.
- I just saw the dentist recently, why do I have to see one again at Sanoviv?In our integrated approach the assessment by all the health professionals is very important. Even though all our professionals are certified and licensed by their specific profession’s Board, we go above and beyond what allopathic care practices. In regards to dental care, here we practice Biological Dentistry. This form of dentistry takes into consideration many things that traditional dentistry would not. These different paradigms and assessment tool are what sets apart from traditional care.
- I have a wide range of issues apart from Cancer and feel overwhelmed, what can you offer me?
We will help you organize your health priorities in the order of what will have the most profound impact on getting you healthy again. We will properly assess and treat the underlying causes through the use of specialized tools and prioritize those areas where we can have the most impact. You will leave Sanoviv with a detailed plan on how to approach healing in a functional way. Think of it as your personal owner’s manual.
- How soon will I feel better?
It all depends on the duration and severity of your health issues. We would ideally love to cure everyone that we treat, and we know that this is not always possible. What is possible is to determine the right path to wellness through an integrative assessment and treatment plan that will combine the best of allopathic and alternative medicine. We will work together to facilitate you being an active participant in your health and healing. With our support, you can be the hero of your healing journey.
- Will I ever stop using medication if I follow your program?
The mechanism of action of medication is mostly to block chemical reactions in the body and most of the time won’t have an impact on treating the root factor that is causing the imbalance in the body but rather to artificially maintain balance. As an example, a lot of people will take a Tylenol when they get a headache but the headache is not caused by a deficiency of Tylenol. In Sanoviv we will work together at finding what is the cause for the headache and treat it. When you come to Sanoviv, we start treating the causes of the disease and over time, the body will find its balance again. For this reason, you might start seeing changes in laboratory values and the doctor might have to start reducing the medication and reduce dosage until you reach homeostasis.
- Can I bring someone to help me out at Sanoviv?
Yes, you can bring a companion to support your stay. Especially since our program is based on applying lifestyle changes to support your ongoing health, bringing your spouse or significant other can be helpful as both of you can learn firsthand about these recommended changes. We require you bring a companion for support if you are very compromised and cannot get from appointment to appointment without assistance.
- What type of IVs do you use?
We use different types of IV therapy protocols depending on the type of health issues and the biochemical individuality of each guest. For a more detailed explanation of this please refer to our IV Therapy page. Our main goal with IV therapies is to provide vital nutrients to the guest, bypassing the digestive system to allow a greater absorption by the body.
- What does a typical day at Sanoviv look like?
Even though we have a set of daily activities, each schedule is different from guest to guest. We really hand tailor your treatment to best accommodate what you need to be well. Usually our days start with an hour of relaxation practices, like meditation and energy medicine class. Then a light stretching class after which you have breakfast. Afterwards, most of the therapies and consultations take place. Usually there is some time for a snack break before lunch. After lunch we have some of our afternoon classes or more therapies and sessions until dinner. After dinner we have the main class in our auditorium to end the day.
- Do I need to comeback after the end of my treatments?
Usually it takes years of detrimental lifestyle choices and habits to start showing symptoms of imbalances in the body. Regaining your health is a process and we can not expect to reverse all imbalances within a couple of weeks. What we can do is help you get on the road to recovery. For this reason, it’s ideal to come back after having applied all recommendations suggested by our team so we can reevaluate your current state of health and help you continue on the path to optimal health. Of course, this is not mandatory but strongly suggested.
- Do you do surgeries at Sanoviv?
Yes. Even though our approach is based on finding the most natural and least invasive course of treatment, we know that sometimes surgery is unavoidable and is a necessary step in your recovery. We offer a wide range of surgeries that can be combined with our innovative therapies and treatments to speed your recovery. Please check our Surgeries at Sanoviv page for more information.
- Am I going to be eating twigs and leaves all of my life?
The diet at Sanoviv is a whole-food, cleansing diet that eliminates many of the common food allergens along with processed foods, sugar and damaged oils. Although you eat many vegetables (both cooked and raw) here, your nutritionist will provide you with a diet to follow at home based on your health condition, your access to certain foods, your ancestral heritage, and your desire to make positive health changes. Our goal is to provide you with a diet that will nourish you and improve your health, but also one that is realistic and works with your lifestyle. You may not be eating “leaves and twigs” all your life, but you will have been introduced to many new and different foods during your stay here as well as how certain foods are used as medicine.
- I have special dietary needs. Can Sanoviv accommodate these?
Yes. We are experts at accommodating special dietary needs as we know the importance of having the right food for your specific needs can be to get well again. Our nutritionists and kitchen staff are highly proficient in adapting our meals to serve you in the best way. Nutrition and eating properly for your biochemical individuality is one of the cornerstones of our treatments.