Welcome to the ‘Sanoviv Kitchen Recipes’ series!
In this series I will post recipes that we use here at Sanoviv Medical Institute to nourish our guests and our employees. Many of these recipes are created here by our chefs. Here is a recipe for Sanoviv Nutola, created by Cuahtemoc ‘Temoc’ Mancera. The word “Nutola” was coined by our founder, Dr. Myron Wentz, when he noticed that the packaging on his favorite flavor read “Grain-Free Granola”. He thought we should simply call it “Nutola” since the recipe is mostly made up of nuts, and so the change was made.
Sanoviv Kitchen Recipes
“Flax Seed Nutola “
(6 servings/3 cups)
- 1 cup whole organic Flax seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 6 each Brazil nuts
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon unrefined Sea salt
- 1/2 cup (8-10) Dates
- 1/4 Teaspoon Xylitol
- 1-2 cups clean Water
- Soak the nuts and seeds in clean water and leave them overnight in a lightly covered glass bowl. The next day, drain them using a colander and rinse them well.
- Put half of the nuts and seeds into a food processor and blend until ground.
- Crush remaining nuts and seeds and put everything into a large bowl.
- Mix the sea salt and cinnamon together and add to the mixture.
- Put dates in a blender with 1-2 cups of water and xylitol and blend. This will have the consistency of syrup. Note: Using 2 cups of water will create less sweetness overall.
- Coat the entire nuts and seeds mixture with the date syrup, using your hands to coat the entire mix. This is what distributes the flavor evenly. Be sure to press handfuls of the mixture (one handful at a time). This will extract any extra oil from the nuts.
- Spread the mixture onto dehydrator sheets and dry at 120 degrees for 24-48 hours depending on the “crunchiness” you want (longer times will make it more crunchy and dry).
- Store in a glass jar or bowl with a tight lid.
Nutrient Information for one serving (one half cup)
Total Calories 310
Protein 13 g
Fat 22 g
Carbohydrate 20 g
Fiber 11 g