Conventional medicine has several available treatments for Hepatitis C, like anti-viral agents, interferon, and in the most advanced cases, liver transplants. The effectiveness of these can be limited, the potential side effects are serious and in some cases dangerous.
Far more is needed for you to recover to a vibrant health status. This is exactly what we offer.
Here is an overview of some of the most effective treatments we have found for Hepatitis C. Our objective is to promote liver function, clear the Hepatitis C virus from your body and support your detoxification pathways.
Biological treatments: We have many biological treatments that can aid in the recovery from Hepatitis C. One is called Transfer Factor and it functions as a messenger supporting your immune system. Another is Tumor Necrosis Factor Beta which is a type of protein synthesized by activated lymphocytes. The lymphocytes then kill the virally-infected cells by rupturing cellular membranes which help to trigger the death of infected cells.
Thymus extract: This is beneficial for treatment of Hepatitis C due to its immune modulation and stimulating effects. This can be administered systemically and/or orally for best results.
Homotoxicology: This is the modern form of Homeopathy, widely used in Europe where research done with Hepatitis B and C patients revealed that this has the capacity to shorten the duration and frequency of the most important clinical and biochemical manifestations without any side effects.
Food as medicine: Dietary adjustments are a major foundation for renewed health for Hepatitis C patients. Our nutrition department will teach you about the hidden dangers found in the Standard American Diet (SAD). They will tell you about the role that clean and pH-balanced drinking water plays in your healing, and also the right kind of food and supplements you will need.
Ozone Therapy: This is an extracorporeal treatment of blood with ozone. Japanese, Russian and Scandinavian studies have reported on the benefits of this therapy in treating Hepatitis C.
Ultra Violet Irradiation Therapy (UBIT). UBIT is a medical therapy where blood is exposed to Ultraviolet C light extracorporeally and then reintroduced. The UBIT treatment destroys or alters bacteria and viruses in the extracted blood. As the blood returns, the immune system will be stimulated to destroy the viruses and bacteria in the body.
Nutritional Support: A specific regimen of flavonoids, anti-oxidants, minerals and herbal supplements will be used to support the liver function, to promote proper detoxification pathways, to lower inflammation of the liver and to protect the liver from the damage caused by free radicals.
We know that your stay at Sanoviv is only the beginning of your healing process. To support you on your way to recovery, at the end of your stay you will receive an individualized home program which you will incorporate as part of your daily lifestyle. We will continue to support your progress with our After Care program that will effortlessly coordinate any questions or comments you might have for your health team.
Sanoviv recommended program “Medical Program“.
Hepatitis C Assessment
Hepatitis C is a silent disease and it can take years to cause distinct and noticeable symptoms. A smaller percentage of people report that in the early stages of the disease they felt vague symptoms like:
- Poor appetite
- Muscular pains
- Joint pain
- Tenderness in the area of the liver
Since Hepatitis C is an infectious viral disease that is transmitted through the blood, and primarily targets the cells of the liver, these are the most common tests you might have received to confirm your diagnosis or to recognize the extent of the disease:
- Viral count in the blood
- Genotyping ( to determine the genetic makeup of the virus)
- Liver enzymes (to evaluate how damaged the liver functions are)
Liver Biopsy (to assess the degree of degeneration in the tissue, called cirrhosis, or the presence of a malignancy)
At Sanoviv you can receive these and other alternative assessments that can provide us information on how the disease is affecting you. Our scope is not limited to these as we also assess other factors that can be contributing to further imbalances present in your body.
We will thoroughly assess what lifestyle choices may be impacting your overall health in regard to Hepatitis C. We will support you in balancing or quitting any habits or activities that can further harm your recovery, such as:
- Drinking any kind of alcohol
- Tobacco use
- Medications or other substances that can further impact the function of the liver
Not only do we have state of the art diagnostic and assessment tools, we have a fully integrated team of health professionals who will study all of this information and connect the dots in determining why your biochemical, physiological, structural and psychospiritual individuality has contributed to the Hepatitis C, but also how you can regain your health. Like Hepatitis C, disease usually creates multiple and interrelated imbalances in the person’s life. You will work in partnership with your team of health professionals that in turn will work with the whole staff of health professionals to create a program specifically designed for you from all the information obtained.
In your health team:
Your Doctor will lead your medical treatment and coordinate all other treatments into your program.
Your Psychologist will help to determine any emotional factors that might contribute to the development of Hepatitis C and support relaxation and healthy emotional expression.
Your Dentist will assess and treat any issues that could exacerbate the inflammatory process like gingivitis, abscesses and heavy metal toxicity.
Your Nutritionist will assess your diet and give you information regarding the role food will play in your healing.
Your Chiropractor will assess and treat any structural imbalances that might be contributing to your health issues.
Your Fitness Expert will help you strengthen and exercise your body holistically to support detoxification and vitality.
At Sanoviv each patient is treated as individual. Depending on the severity of your disease and your unique makeup other programs of diagnostics may be recommended. Please contact our Admissions Department for personal assistance.
Click Here to contact one of our doctors and learn more about our innovative assessment approach.
About Hepatitis C
Have you or someone you love been diagnosed recently with Hepatitis C? We can understand how upsetting this can be. Hepatitis C is sometimes called a silent disease because, in some cases, years can pass before people start experiencing symptoms or get the tests that will diagnose them. We know that you might feel frightened and angry at this unexpected turn of events.
In traditional medicine, doctors usually study and treat individual organs and systems ─ in this case, the liver. This approach can be fractioned, incomplete and ineffective, as there is no real integration of all the information available. At Sanoviv, we focus on studying and treating you as a whole person, finding the underlying mechanisms of chronic and degenerative Hepatitis C infection to stop it in its tracks.
We practice healing in a different way. We encourage you to be our partner in your healing. We supply state of the art diagnostics and therapies in the perfect setting where care, compassion and love abound. You supply the desire to be well.
What makes Sanoviv different?
First of all, you will be in the hands of your integrated team of health professionals who will thoroughly assess the nature of these imbalances and find the underlying factors that are contributing to chronic Hepatitis C infection. The team with which you will be working is led by your Medical Doctor and includes: Dentist, Psychologist, Chiropractor, Nutritionist and Fitness Expert. We will work at clearing your body of the Hepatitis C virus, supporting your liver and detoxifying your body.
If you feel that there is more to healing than your doctors are offering you, Sanoviv is the place for you. Keep reading to learn more about our approach, or Click Here to contact one of our doctors.
Hepatitis C FAQ
- Can I lower my viral load?Yes. We usually have great success with our Hepatitis C patients, improving liver function with our detoxification protocols.
- What are some of the main treatments for Hepatitis C?We have many treatments that can have a profound effect on your health. Because of your biochemical individuality, we would to first assess you in order to find that which will serve you the best and not try to give you a cookie cutter answer without even knowing what you are really dealing with. For more information on our treatment options, please go to our Hepatitis C Treatment page.
- What do you mean when you say you practice “Functional Medicine”?Functional medicine is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms.Sanoviv is the only hospital in the world to be certified in the Functional Medicine approach. To learn more about Functional Medicine, click here.
- What is the importance of the integrative team approach?The importance of this approach is that you are assessed and treated as a whole human being. Many of the health issues that we faced today are multi-faceted; there is no one definitive cause. When a whole team of health professionals come together and make sense of the information, it is easier to see what are the underlying factors that weave together to create your unique symptoms. Once we have this clarity, dealing with it effectively is much easier.
- I just saw the dentist recently, why do I have to see one again at Sanoviv?In our integrated approach the assessment by all the health professionals is very important. Even though all our professionals are certified and licensed by their specific profession’s Board, we go above and beyond what allopathic care practices. In regards to dental care, here we practice Biological Dentistry. This form of dentistry takes into consideration many things that traditional dentistry would not. These different paradigms and assessment tool are what sets apart from traditional care.
- I have a wide range of issues and feel overwhelmed, what can you offer me?We will help you organize your health priorities in the order of what will have the most profound impact on getting you healthy again. We will properly assess and treat the underlying causes through the use of specialized tools and prioritize those areas where we can have the most impact. You will leave Sanoviv with a detailed plan on how to approach healing in a functional way. Think of it as your personal owner’s manual
- How soon will I feel better?It all depends on the duration and severity of your health issues. What is possible is to determine the right path to wellness through an integrative assessment and treatment plan that will combine the best of allopathic and alternative medicine. We will work together to facilitate you being an active participant in your health and healing. With our support, you can be the hero of your healing journey.
- Will I ever stop using medication if I follow your program?The mechanism of action of medication is mostly to block chemical reactions in the body and most of the time won’t have an impact on treating the root factor that is causing the imbalance in the body but rather to artificially maintain balance. As an example, a lot of people will take a Tylenol when they get a headache but the headache is not caused by a deficiency of Tylenol. In Sanoviv we will work together at finding what is the cause for the headache and treat it. When you come to Sanoviv, we start treating the causes of the disease and over time, the body will find its balance again. For this reason, you might start seeing changes in laboratory values and the doctor might have to start reducing the medication and reduce dosage until you reach homeostasis.
- Can I bring someone to help me out at Sanoviv?Yes, you can bring a companion to support your stay. Especially since our program is based on applying lifestyle changes to support your ongoing health, bringing your spouse or significant other can be helpful as both of you can learn firsthand about these recommended changes. We require you bring a companion for support if you are very compromised and cannot get from appointment to appointment without assistance.
- What type of IVs do you use?We use different types of IV therapy protocols depending on the type of health issues and the biochemical individuality of each guest. For a more detailed explanation of this please refer to our IV Therapy page. Our main goal with IV therapies is to provide vital nutrients to the guest, bypassing the digestive system to allow a greater absorption by the body.
- What does a typical day at Sanoviv look like?Even though we have a set of daily activities, each schedule is different from guest to guest. We really hand tailor your treatment to best accommodate what you need to be well. Usually our days start with an hour of relaxation practices, like meditation and energy medicine class. Then a light stretching class after which you have breakfast. Afterwards, most of the therapies and consultations take place. Usually there is some time for a snack break before lunch. After lunch we have some of our afternoon classes or more therapies and sessions until dinner. After dinner we have the main class in our auditorium to end the day.
- Do I need to comeback after the end of my treatments?Usually it takes years of detrimental lifestyle choices and habits to start showing symptoms of imbalances in the body. Regaining your health is a process and we can not expect to reverse all imbalances within a couple of weeks. What we can do is help you get on the road to recovery. For this reason, it’s ideal to come back after having applied all recommendations suggested by our team so we can reevaluate your current state of health and help you continue on the path to optimal health. Of course, this is not mandatory but strongly suggested.
- Do you do surgeries at Sanoviv?Yes. Even though our approach is based on finding the most natural and least invasive course of treatment, we know that sometimes surgery is unavoidable and is a necessary step in your recovery. We offer a wide range of surgeries that can be combined with our innovative therapies and treatments to speed your recovery. Please check our Surgeries at Sanoviv page for more information.
- I have special dietary needs. Can Sanoviv accommodate these?Yes. We are experts at accommodating special dietary needs as we know the importance of having the right food for your specific needs can be to get well again. Our nutritionists and kitchen staff are highly proficient in adapting our meals to serve you in the best way. Nutrition and eating properly for your biochemical individuality is one of the cornerstones of our treatments.
- Am I going to be eating twigs and leaves all of my life?The diet at Sanoviv is a whole-food, cleansing diet that eliminates many of the common food allergens along with processed foods, sugar and damaged oils. Although you eat many vegetables (both cooked and raw) here, your nutritionist will provide you with a diet to follow at home based on your health condition, your access to certain foods, your ancestral heritage, and your desire to make positive health changes. Our goal is to provide you with a diet that will nourish you and improve your health, but also one that is realistic and works with your lifestyle. You may not be eating “leaves and twigs” all your life, but you will have been introduced to many new and different foods during your stay here as well as how certain foods are used as medicine
Hepatitis C Testimonials
I went to Sanoviv hoping to maintain what I thought was good health, as I was 49yrs young at the time. The health assessment found I have hepatitis C the viral count high. (Drug abuse during youth) Thoughts of grief started creeping into my mind though only briefly, as they were quickly replaced with how fortunate I was, to be made aware of my condition, also I believed Sanoviv was the best place to start treatment. Sanoviv approached my health needs by quickly building up my liver, blood, digestion and immune systems during my stay there, which greatly Improved my overall health. After I got home three months of natural treatments started, aiding the body’s natural ability in reducing the viral count. Two years later the viral count has been dramatically reduced and continues going down.
Sanoviv is different to conventional health care, with a natural holistic approach to health, the healing starts right away, and trainings, how to continue with a healthier lifestyle at home. There’s a backyard atmosphere to the grounds, inviting friendly visiting with other patients and guests enjoying the grounds as well. I can talk on and on of Sanoviv’s facilities and still not perceive justices deserved. It’ the Doctors, Specialists, Nurses, Therapist’s, Coordinators, Cooks, Servers, Receptionists, Lab Technicians, all the people that make up Sanoviv. They are the ones to make every patient and guest feel they are important and very much cared about. For me, that really made Sanoviv different, I think of them all often.
Because of my experience with hepatitis C, I will say, the treatment I had through Sanoviv was never discomforting or made me feel ill and weak, or leaving me to worry if the damage being done to my body, would be less or more, then the results I was hoping my body might achieve. If you are faced with hepatitis C, I want to recommend you to Sanoviv’s natural approach for a long-term solution to dealing with this condition. If you are at this time looking for your best option’s, and especially if you’ve had conventional treatment for this in the past, and maybe wondering the condition of your health today.
Blessings to your pursuit of better Health