Sanoviv Recipe Series
Today we are featuring our newest “Nutola” recipe, this version of our ‘grain-free’ breakfast/snack food has quickly become the favorite amongst our guests and employees. We invite you to make a batch at home and tell us what you think!
Pumpkin Spice Nutola
- 1 cup whole organic flax seeds
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 6 each Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (8-10) dates
- 1/2 teaspoon xylitol
- 1-2 cups water
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Soak the nuts and seeds in clean water and leave them overnight in a lightly covered glass bowl. The next day, drain them using a colander and rinse them well.
- Put half of the nuts and seeds into a food processor and blend until ground.
- Crush remaining nuts and seeds and put everything into a large bowl with the coconut flakes.
- Mix the sea salt and pumpkin pie spice together and add to the mixture. Add a pinch of cinnamon if desired.
- Put dates in a blender with 1-2 cups of water and xylitol and blend. This will have the consistency of syrup. Note: Using 2 cups of water will create less sweetness overall.
- Coat the entire nuts and seeds mixture with the date syrup, using your hands to coat the entire mix. This is what distributes the flavor evenly. Be sure to press handfuls of the mixture (one handful at a time). This will extract any extra oil from the nuts.
- Spread the mixture onto dehydrator sheets and dry at 120 degrees for 24-48 hours depending on the “crunchiness” you want (longer times will make it more crunchy and dry).
- Store in a glass jar or bowl with a tight lid.
for one serving (one half cup)
Total Calories 360
Protein 15 g
Fat 27 g
Carbohydrate 16 g
Fiber 11 g
Shown served with fresh almond milk and diced fruit. Nutritional values are for the Nutola only.