See Dr. Francisco Ulloa’s post about healthy home detox here: http://sanovivblog.com/2011/05/24/top-3-ways-to-detox-at-home/
Extra credit for these quick do-it-yourself detox tips:
- Body brushing – using a soft, long handled brush, take seven minutes to brush your skin with smooth strokes, always brushing toward the heart
- Observing one liquid-only day each week, whether or not you are actively detoxing
- Drinking green juice as your snack once or twice a day
- Choosing Brazil nuts each day as a source of selenium
- Eating or drinking a healthy probiotic supplement (we recommend USANA) at least three times per week to support healthy digestion (do not mix the probiotics with anything hot, as that may kill the good bacteria before it can help your body)
- Foot and hand massages at least weekly – do it yourself or trade with a partner.
- Drinking at least 64 ounces of clean water daily
- Eating water-rich fruit (especially melons and citrus) alone, without any other foods, so your body can more easily digest them.
- Staying away from granulated sugar and chemical substitutes
- Rebounding daily to stimulate your lymphatic system (learn more here: http://sanovivblog.com/2011/01/24/lets-learn-about-lymph/)
- Deep, rounded belly breathing
- Wearing organic cotton or bamboo clothing that allow your skin to breathe.
- Getting a full night’s sleep – every night. If you need assistance relaxing, we recommend deep breathing, meditation, and USANA’s PureRest.